Monday 15 November 2010

Firework

This blog has been a long time coming but I was waiting for the right kind of inspiration to come along! And it did....in the form of Katy Perry.
Have you heard her new song? It’s called Firework and I was listening to it on You Tube. That girl has come far since singing about kissing girls!! Here are the lyrics:
Do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind, wanting to start again.
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin, like a house of cards, one blow from caving in.
Do you ever feel already buried deep, six feet under scream, but no one seems to hear a thing.
Do you know that there's still a chance for you, cause there's a spark in you.
You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine. Just own the night like the Fourth of July.

Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colours burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down.

You don't have to feel like a waste of space, you're original, cannot be replaced.
If you only knew what the future holds, after a hurricane comes a rainbow
Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed, so you could open one that leads you to the perfect road. Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow, and when it's time, you'll know
I guess most of us can identify with the verses of this song, either now or it brings up something from the past. Feelings of being insignificant, a bit of a nobody, drifting through life without purpose.  I can easily pinpoint times when I’ve felt this way or others have helped me to think that way.
We aren’t designed to live like this though. The song says we each have a spark within us, something that allows us to shine. If we let disappointments, cruel words, low self esteem or fear enter into our lives, then that spark gets put out, buried underneath the lies we are told or believe about ourselves. I believe that the spark within us can be ignited when we realise our true identity. In the moment that we refuse to believe the lies and become happy with the person we were designed to be. That’s when we become a firework.  
My identity is in Jesus Christ. I belong to Him, I am his child, I am made righteous through Him, I am chosen by Him, I am forgiven by Him, I am one with Him, I am his workmanship, I am loved by Him and there is nothing that I can do that will separate me from that awesome love. These are the words of God and they are not the lies of the world. These are the words that make me smile, words that make me stand that little bit taller, words that make me have confidence in what I do, and the words that make me shine out like a firework!

No comments:

Post a Comment